Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Hunger Games


Author: Suzanne Collins

This book is about 12 districts and their capitol, the country of Panem. Every year they have the Hunger Games where they put two kids from every district in an arena and they kill each other. This is so that the districts rebel against the Capitol like they once did. 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen takes her sister's place in the selection where they choose a boy's name and a girls name who go to the Hunger Games. Will she make it out alive? This is a truly fabulous story that Suzanne Collins has spun full of love, danger, and death. The one thing that I did not like about this book was that I did not think that there needed to be so much violence. Throughout the story I laughed, cried, and was held in suspense as the it progressed.


For Parents: This book is very violent and I would only suggest it if you feel that your child can handle it. I would suggest this book for ages 12+.

No comments:

Post a Comment