Monday, December 12, 2011

To Kill a Mockingbird


Author: Harper Lee

In the little town of Maycomb, Alabama, a court case changes it from quiet, sleepy to full of energy and hatred. Scout Finch's father has been given the case of a black man raping a white women. Scout and her brother Jem start hearing about it and they start getting nasty looks and words because their father is representing an African American. Will Atticus convince the jury that Tom Robinson is innocent? Or will he be killed like everyone else was in this time period? This is such a fantastic book. It is so well written and it really keeps you interested. I could not put it down. I had to read it for class and I finished it something like three weeks before we had to. It really shows you what went on during this time period. If I had to rate this on a  scale of 1-10 I would give it an 11.

For Parents: It talks about some pretty touchy subjects and it has some violence so I would not recommend it for anyone under the age of 13 or 14. It really depends on the child.

No comments:

Post a Comment