Sunday, July 3, 2011

In a Heartbeat


Author: Loretta Ellsworth

When Eagan dies during a figure-skating competition, she leaves a lot of loose ends. When she goes to heaven she gets to go through all of her memories while her heart still beats. Amelia finds out that she has to get a heart transplant in order to stay alive, but she feels guilty that while her family is rejoicing another family will be heartbroken and mourning. Then she starts to take on some of her donor's characteristics she starts to wonder if her donor is trying to tell her something. One of the most toughing and beautiful stories that I have ever read. It made me cry, but they were happy tears. It was just so beautiful and simple being told from the point of view of two sweet girls. I loved it so much; it made my heart just ache.

For Parents: This depends on how well your child will take it. I would suggest that you read it first.

Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment